Sunday, November 07, 2010

Gallery Opening & Show

This past Friday, I had a gallery opening in Crystal Lake at the Lakeside Legacy Arts Park. Veterans Views: Stories & Images, opened at the Dole Gallery at historic Dole Mansion. The opening went beyond any expectation I had fathomed.

I have lagged behind on posting my reaction to this event because I was a little tired, and also I had to take some time to just process. There is a span of artwork that spans technical skill and content. The older artists have more traditional representational, and far more skilled naturalistic artwork. The more contemporary works emerged from the artists who started working a little more recently. At least that is my observation. But it is all cool.

I would love the opportunity to possibly curate this show annually as a series. I think it definitely has some potential.

I also think that I really need to step up my studio production.

No comments: