Friday, February 15, 2013

A Moment of Reflection

I was looking through old posts in terms of what were some of the goals of things I wanted to have in my life. I was pleasantly surprised that I am actually kind of subconsciously realized one such goal: Having a Salon Style Art Display. In the past year my bedroom walls have become filled with an array of various artworks acquired as well as decorative elements, and show posters I like have meandered and accumulated on my walls.

Today I went to an opening for another gallery show. I've been sort of a hermit, and art making should not happen in the echo chamber of my own environment. I always find inspiration with various art collectives when they have different shows. This Opening had two shows "From Motion to Stillness" and "Copy*Right?". Both shows were well thought out and worked very well within the conceptual framework of  the titles. While I was inspired, I did come away with a growing sense of my own artistic insecurities and the fact that I am not sure the work I make in my spare time would be worthy of display alongside these artists. I'll definitely need to consider what work I consider "done" and what I could revisit....

No comments: